Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Flashback: Window Painting

So, in starting this blog, I've been looking back through old pictures and videos.  Lots of memories.  One of the things I found were pictures of when I used to work at a daycare in Washington State.  Before getting married.  Before having kids of our own.  Some people used to say that working in a daycare is good birth-control....but that's an entirely different topic. :)

At the daycare I worked at (which no longer exists), we had big windows in the classrooms.  After working there a couple months, I discovered how much I enjoyed painting on our windows!  Maybe it's because you can easily "erase" the painting if you mess up, or maybe it's seeing it from both sides.  Whatever it was, I really enjoyed it, so when they announced a "window-painting contest" between the different teachers/classrooms, I was SO excited.  You see, I'm a bit competitive, too... :)

Here are some of my window paintings.  The last one isn't a great picture, but it was the window that won the competition. 
"Ruff" the Dog and "Nuts" the Squirrel
(don't forget this was a toddler classroom!)

"Busy Little Bugs"

"Busy Little Bugs"


"Fun in the Sun"
(I cut out the heads of all the kids in our class and then painted them onto the window,
doing what they loved best out on the playground".)
Who knows, maybe Benji and I will start painting our windows in our apartment??

No comments:

Post a Comment