Sunday, March 30, 2014

B Quotes: March 30 edition (almost 4 years old)

There was a plate in the middle of the table with only one chip left on it. B says something to me about there only being one left. I try to seize the opportunity to teach, so I ask, "So how could you say what you are thinking in a polite, respectful way?"

I'm anticipating him to ask politely for the last chip. He looks at it, thinks a moment and hesitates. I try to prompt him, "should Mama eat it?"

I fully expect him to say, "No! I want it!"...planning to move from there to instruction about asking politely for something and maybe suggesting we split it.

Instead,  B picks it up, looks at, says, "ok." Then, quickly adds, "Let me taste it first!" He takes a quick bite, and as he hands the remainder to me says, "Mmm! It sure is good!"

Never a dull moment. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment