Friday, January 4, 2013

Worry and Fear

We have been in a new country 4 days.  My youngest son had a double ear infection the week leading up to our departure.  He has had diarrhea for over 2 weeks.  He has a severe diaper rash that improved some, then got worse again.  He has a rash on his chest and back, likely a heat rash or allergic reaction of some kind.  My oldest son had an ear infection and horrible cough the week leading up to our departure.  His cough is improved, but he does not seem to be completely back to normal health yet.  He woke up with a 101 fever this morning and it has been coming and going throughout the day.

As a mom, in a new place, with my kids not being healthy, it is too easy to worry.  To allow myself to give into fear.  The devotional I read today was a challenge from God, that He used to speak directly to the situation I find myself in.

"Try saying, 'I trust you, Jesus'" in response to whatever happens to you [or you kids]....think about Who I am in all my Power and Glory...ponder the depth and breadth of my love for you [and your kids]".
-Jesus Calling, January 4.

Here is the God of the universe, the Creator of my children, Who formed them in my womb before I even knew they were there, the Giver of life and health and the One Who loves each of us more than we can comprehend...so much that He was willing to sacrifice His own Son because of His love for me [and my kids].  How can I not trust Him?  How can I not say, "I trust you, Jesus"?  He loves them more than I ever could.  And He brought our whole family here to this new place, not just K and I, but B and J as well.  Praise Him that He can give me the ability to let go of my worry and not give into fear, but rather trust Him.  Because even that, even that comes from Him.  And He IS Good..ALL the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment